Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health
The Residency Program
The residency program is designed to provide the widest possible range of exposure to all aspects of obstetrics, gynecology and women's health, from primary care through tertiary care experiences at New Jersey's finest medical facilities. We have a strong academic, scientifically based residency program that covers the depth and breadth of the field.
Upon completion of the program, you will have achieved:
- an enriched educational opportunity in all aspects of obstetrics, gynecology and women's health
- comprehensive training in all aspects of the primary and preventive care of women
- expertise in the care of highly complex obstetric and gynecologic problems, including high risk obstetrics, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, gynecologic oncology, and urogynecology
- expertise in the care of patients with diverse backgrounds
- a clear understanding of the principles of scientific and clinical investigation, so that you can critically read and understand the literature and interpret future advances and changes in the field, allowing appropriate application of new findings to patient care
- full responsibility and authority for patient care decisions, enabling you
to function as an independent practitioner
Experience All Components of Women's Health care
- Normal Obstetrics
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Operative Gynecology
- Gynecologic Malignancies
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Diagnosis and Management of Breast Disease
- Urinary Incontinence/Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Family Planning
- Management of Critically Ill Patients
- Emergency Medicine
- Primary and Preventive Care
Explore the World of Research
Our Department is known internationally for its investigative expertise. Our Resident Research Program enables residents how to test an hypothesis and generate definitive data using a hands-on approach.
Educational and On-Call Facilities
All facilities have modern medical libraries with extensive collections of books, journals, audiovisuals, online databases and other computer software that are accessible to residents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
On-call rooms and food services are available in all facilities
The Residency Program provides comprehensive benefits, including a competitive salary and insurance coverage.
Northern New Jersey features numerous ideal communities in which to live, work, and raise a family. Its proximity to New York City, Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore makes the treasures of these areas easily accessible to residents and their families.
The OB/GYN Residency Program will only accept applications via the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS). ERAS, which was developed by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), is a computerized system of applying for residency positions in accredited programs of graduate medical education in the United States. In order to apply to our program, prospective residents must meet the following criteria:
- must have satisfactorily completed an approved educational program at an accredited school of medicine
- be a member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) located in Washington, DC
- must have passed Step I of the United States Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- graduates of foreign medical schools must have at least one year of training in an approved internship or residency program in the United States, and have successfully passed the USMLE For more information, contact Ms.Tanequea DeCosta or Ms. Shawna Williams.
Please email questions and comments to Judi Marraccini . All contents copyright ©2004-2007 UMDNJ. All rights reserved. All information within this site subject to change without notice. Revised November 15, 2004