Things to do before you arrive
Immunization and physicals must be completed by AUGUST 1st. Please click here if you need an additional copy. For more information regarding the policy please visit: http://www.umdnj.edu/oppmweb/Policies/HTML/StudentServices/00-01-25-40_00.html
Things to do upon your arrival:
Remember to refer to registration materials for more details
1. Attend Orientation. Orientation will begin at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, August 21st in the Medical Sciences Building (MSB) room B-556. A copy of the schedule will be posted soon.
2. Contact your program director or advisor to discuss class registrations.
3. Get your UMDNJ Identification Card. You may obtain your ID from the Public Safety Office in ADMC Building 5 Room 53 (located in the beige trailers on Bergen Street across the street from the Bergen Building). BRING A PHOTO ID (passport, driving license) to the office to get a UMDNJ ID.
4. Get your Parking tag. If you have a car and need a parking tag, you must first pay for the decal at the Cashier’s Office located on 65 Bergen Street. Present the receipt and obtain decal in ADMC 3, Room 301.
5. Get your library card. Complete the form and submit it to the library. You will need to have your UMDNJ I.D. card with you so that it may be coded to use the library and get remote access to electronic journals and books.
6. Update your local address with the GSBS office.
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
There will be mandatory orientation to give you details about immigration issues and maintaining status. It is mandatory that you check in with the International Services Office 10 days upon your arrival to UMDNJ. The office of International Services will provide you with information on obtaining an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) on the day of their orientation.
For questions regarding your international status please contact International Services Office at 973-972-6138 or visit http://www.umdnj.edu/uroweb/international_office/index.shtml